+30 213 0184000
+357 22 030091
e-Travel is one of the top 10 online travel agencies in the world in selling flight tickets and one of the most successful start-up ventures in Greece. Launched in 2007 we have reached a gross sales volume of EUR 450 Million. We have a global presence with customers in over 200 countries and we provide multiple language and currency options. Our Websites are pamediakopes.gr,mytrip.com, trip.ru, trip.bg, trip.ua, trip.kz, trip.ae, avion.ro, airtickets24.com, fantasticgreece.com.
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to work on a new product from designing and prototyping to the development and release/production stage. The product is centered around holiday packages and involves finding, creating and maintaining comprehensive combinations of flights, hotels, insurance and other offerings for sale to retail customers worldwide. The successful candidate must be flexible, willing to work with and learn various technologies as well as prioritize on delivering value. Ability to work with both back and front end systems and experience in shaping business requirements are also a must. The role requires working as part of a team in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Work as part of a team to design and implement features for both front and back end systems of a new online product.
- Utilize data from RESTful internal or external services and create new services when necessary.
- Deliver weekly releases, as well as estimate subsequent sprints.
- You will be reviewing code, and your code will be reviewed.
- Develop & recommend changes to existing methods & procedures to increase accuracy & efficiency of your team and department as a whole.
- Meddle with various technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, .Net Web Services, Memcached, Redis, Solr, Linux Servers, jQuery, Jasmine, Rspec, Cucumber, Google Analytics and many other innovative technologies.
- Participate in stand-up meetings with your team every morning, enjoying a hot cup of coffee.
- Help give us an edge in The Struggle for World Domination™ (or just improve our stack).
- At least three (3) years of working experience as a Software Engineer.
- Interest and flexibility in working with different languages and frameworks.
- You dream in HTTP and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to distinguish between using an existing codebase and starting fresh.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Ability to setup the operating system and application servers you need.
- You test your code relentlessly.
- You get extra credit if you have AWS experience.
- Business acumen and self-motivation.
- Analytical thinking, product orientation and decision making.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Fulfilled military obligations and have a work permit for Greece.
- The opportunity to create and work on a new product from A to Z and see your ideas come to life.
- The chance to grow professionally & personally while being part of a highly experienced and diverse team.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Complementary private health insurance.
- Yoga lessons and afternoon ping pong matches to help you take the edge off.
If the above sounds interesting to you please send us your CV & a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job. Do not forget to send us a sample of your work, that can be your technical blog, your github account, your open source project or whatever you believe shows us the way you do development. Make sure you visit our facebook page and view more of our job openings.
If this position is of interest to you, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org